I spent a few days in Prineville to take a class on water rights management offered by the BLM's National Training Center. After the first day in class I had a ton of pent up energy and I wanted to get out on a hike.
So I just started driving south, out of town. As it turned out, I found myself heading up the Crooked River Canyon which is mostly managed by the BLM. So there were plenty of trails. I randomly stopped at Chimney Rock.
I figured I had about an hour to hike in and an hour to hike out before the sun set. The hike in took about 45 minutes as luck would have it. Just in time to catch the sun set at Chimney Rock. The rest of the week was less interesting, but still informative. Lots of sunshine, heat, dry desert air, and good company in the form of other hydrologists.











1 comment:
Beautiful landscape!!! Glad you got a chance to take that hike. Such interesting geological formations!!!
Post a Comment