Saturday, April 20, 2019

Wooden Shoe Tulip Festival

Tulips!  Sooooo many tulips!  Grandma was in town and the tulips, which she was going to miss, were delayed by cold, wet weather.  So we went to go check them out on what turned out to be the peak weekend which coincided with Easter.






Yeah, there were a million people in attendance.  It was almost surreal to be in bumper-to-bumper traffic in the middle of the countryside.  But the Festival was pretty neat.  I mean, I don't want to go again, but it was worth seeing.  Despite approximately 4.3 million attendees, the tulip beds are sprawling and we were able to find some solitude.  Well, we would have found solitude except that Zoë was having a meltdown for no good reason.  So I ended up walking her pouting ass back to the car while everyone else enjoyed themselves.


1 comment:

Catherine said...

So much incredible color!!! Have never seen anything really like it! Lovely pictures...wonderful memories!