Sunday, July 3, 2022

Crack in the Ground




On the day we were all heading out, I toyed with the idea of driving back to Bend, but I was reeeeally low on gas from the adventure the day before.  So instead, I opted to drive to Christmas Valley which was 20 miles in the opposite direction, but had fuel.  And since we were going that way, I decided to stop at Crack in the Ground which we didn't have time to get to yesterday - again because of our adventure.






I'm so glad we stopped because it was totally worth it!  Even though it was over 90 degrees out in the sun, the actual crack was ridiculously cool and pleasant.  It was an easy and fun hike through the old volcanic fissure.  Then we all got gas and went our separate ways back home.



1 comment:

Catherine said...

Definately worth going back for! An adventure had by all!