Woke up this morning and leisurely made our way down off Robb's Peak and drove to Loon Lake. I thought for sure this place would be crawling with people, but we drove right to the spot I had planned to go to at the north end of the lake and only had to share the site with a couple other cars. Aaaaand the reservoir was at full capacity so we didn't have to walk more than 50ft to the edge of the water!
We had a little picnic lunch and I set Dohnele up with her paddleboard and GoPro and she took off. The kids and I hung out and enjoyed the perfect day. Unfortunately, even though we had slathered the kids up with sunscreen, I didn't partake and I could feel it toward the end of the day as I began to crisp.
Zephyr and I worked our way around the edge of the lake with some driftwood and even floated out to a small island. Everything here is granite: the boulders, the beaches, the cliffs, the islands - everything! Dohnele eventually came back around and picked up Zephyr for the return trip.
Dohnele and Emma wanted to make it back to the Hut for sunset and dinner, so we eventually headed back up the mountain and timed it just right. We set up on the Fire Lookout with a picnic and watched a pretty spectacular sunset. And then at twilight, we watched and listened to the night hawk's hunting.
That evening, I was in full blister mode as my shoulders were absolutely cooked. Sleeping that night was super uncomfortable.














1 comment:
Exquisitely gorgeous adventure...so beautiful.
Glad all went well...with exception of "the blister."
Post a Comment