Saturday, July 16, 2022

Salem to Sunriver

Day 1 of this trip was just meant to get us over the mountains to Sunriver.  Beautiful day for driving.  Dohnele was stressed because she gave her notice at Basil & Board and was tasked with getting the place ahead for when she left for her new job.  As a result, she spent a lot of time on this vacation on her laptop designing and pricing out menu items.

Our first stop was to pick up coffee (and pork rinds) in Mill City.  Then to the Mount Washington Overlook which never disappoints.  Zephyr got upset that I wouldn't let him take the stick he found.  We dropped down into Sisters where the girls did some shopping.  Zephyr made it through like one store before I booted him outside for being annoying.


We finally got to Sunriver and our Air BnB.  I quickly fired up the grill and made dinner.  I had marinated the chicken the day before so it was ready to go.  The kids were totally enthralled with the neighborhood kitty.  After dinner, Dohnele and I drove back to Bend for a couple sunset beers at Crux!


No comments: